University of Nairobi i a kenya public university that offers various courses under the school of the built environment. Courses range from Diploma courses to Degree courses. Individuals who apply to the school can study Bachelor of Architectural Studies or Bachelor of Architecture –B02. They can also study Bachelor of Real Estate – B04, Bachelor of Arts in Planning – B65, Bachelor of Quantity Surveying – B666 and Bachelor of Construction Management. The school of Built Environment also offers Diploma in Estate Agency and Property Management – B118.
Those wishing to undertake the Diploma in kenya Estate Agency and Property Management should be able to meet the following criteria:
- They should have a minimum of KCSE mean grade C+ with at least a C in subjects such as English or Mathematics.
- Individuals with a KCE (Division II) and who have credits in English and Mathematics or those who have attained Division III and who have a certificate in a relevant course are also eligible to undertake the course.
- Also, those who already have a Diploma or Degree from a relevant institution can also apply.
Students undertaking Diploma in Real Estate Agency are expected to cover a total of 10 units which will cost Ksh 128,500.00 only.
Those who want to undertake the kenya undergraduate programmes are required to meet the following criteria:
Admission Criteria for Undergraduate Programmes:
- Applicants should have obtained a minimum of KCSE mean grade of C+ or equivalent with a C+ in English or Kiswahili or in Mathematics.
- Additionally, those planning to study B. Arch. Study/ Architecture should obtain a minimum of C+ in Physics/ Chemistry/ Physical Sciences or Biological Sciences and Art & Design or Drawing & Design or Building Construction or Music or Economics or Geography or Social Ed. & Ethics or History and Government.
- Those studying B. Real Estate/B.A. Planning should obtain a minimum of C+ in: Economics or Commerce or Accounts or Physics or Chemistry or Biology; and Geography or Agriculture or Building Construction or Drawing and Design.
- While those undertaking B.A. Quantity Surveying/ B. Construction Management are required to obtain a minimum of C+ in: Physics or Physical Sciences; and Geography or Accounts or Commerce or Economics or Building Construction or Drawing and Design.
- Applicants who have an Advanced level certificate with two principal passes are also eligible for the programmes.
- Individuals with a higher national diploma in science courses, education (Science), computer studies, statistics or applied sciences can also apply for the courses.
- Those who already have a degree from a recognized university are also welcome to apply.
- Individuals with any other criteria that meet the general admissions criteria are also eligible for the courses.
Amount of Tuition Fee for the Undergraduate Programmes
The Bachelor of Architecture course takes place in a period of 6 years in which time students are expected to cover a total of 81 units and it amounts to Ksh 1,736,000.00. The B.A of Quantity Surveying takes place in a period of 4 years with students expected to pay an amount of KSh 871,500.00. Bachelor of Real Estate Management runs for a period of 4 years where students cover a minimum of 60 units and pay tuition fee of Ksh 800,000.00. B.A Planning is a 4 year programme that amounts to Ksh 710,000.00 while B. Construction Management amounts to Ksh 1,169,000.00.
For more information contact:
Dean, School of the Built Environment, Box 30197-00100, Nairobi,
Tel: 2724520/4 Ext. 222