A few years ago, pursuing a Masters course was seen as a privilege of just a few individuals in Kenya. However, as the competition in the job market intensified, more Kenyans began taking up post graduate courses to boost their chances of securing employment and qualifying for job promotions. Business courses are especially attractive as Kenya gears for a 24 hour economy and more and more individuals delve into the world of self employment. Meru University offers two post graduate courses under the School of Business and Economics. These are:
Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
Individuals who want to pursue Master of Business Administration should meet the following admission criteria:
- Individuals should be holders of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and from a recognized institution with at least a 2nd Class Honours (Upper Division)
- Individuals who acquired a Lower Second but who have at least three years relevant working experience are also eligible to undertake the Masters course
- Those who have a Pass Degree can apply so long as they have at least five years work experience.
Masters of Science in Entrepreneurship
Meru University School of Business and Economics also offers Masters of Science in Entrepreneurship. Individuals applying for the programme should have:
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree with at least a 2nd Class Honours (Upper Division)
- Those who got a Lower Second and have a minimum of three years experience are also eligible for the course
- Individuals who got a Pass Degree and who have at least five years work experience can also apply.
Duration of Study
Those who qualify for the Masters of Business Administration and Masters of Science in Entrepreneurship will take their studies at Meru University Main Campus. The course units will be taught during the weekend. Both courses will cover a period of two years each. The tuition fee per semester for each post graduate course is Ksh 60,000.00.
For more information, individuals can contact:
Meru University of Science & Technology
P.O. Box 972-60200
Cell: 0712 – 524293
Tel: 020-2092048, 064-30320