Kenya Accountancy and Secretaries National and Examination Board (KASNEB) were founded by the Government of Kenya in 1969, according to Accountancy Act Cap 531 of the laws of Kenya. The board is mandated to develop syllabus, conduct technicians and professional examinations, accountancy, governance, Information Technology, management and certification of candidates. It also involves in accreditation of institutions offering various courses. KASNEB works towards producing professionals that compete favorably in the job market by offering quality examinations in the following areas: governance, accountancy, management, Information Technology, Finance and other related fields.
For an institution to offer a program that need KASNEB examinations, it must first be assessed to ascertain that it satisfy the KASNEB accreditation requirements. Some institutions are fully accredited by KASNEB; others have attained interim accreditation while others are still waiting for re-assessment for full accreditation. The following is a list of institutions that have been fully accredited by KASNEB.
- Alphax college-Eldoret
- Bartek Insitute –Eldama Ravine
- East Africa School of management-Nairobi
- Eldoret polytechnic- Eldoret
- Elgon View Commercial college- Eldoret campus
- Embu College- Embu
- Graffins College- Nairobi
- Excel Institute of Professionals-Thika
- JKUAT- main campus Nairobi
- JKUAT-Nakuru Campus
- Kabete Technical Training Institute- Nairobi
- Kaiboi Technical Training institute-Eldoret
- KCA University- Nairobi
- KCA university-Kisumu campus
- Kenya School of Credit management-Mombasa
- Kigali Institute of management- Kigali Rwanda.
- Kisumu Polytechnic-Kisumu
- Kiambu Institute of science and Technology-Kiambu
- Meru Technical Training institute-Meru
- Mt. Kenya University -Nkubu campus
- Mwangaza college-Nakuru
- Nairobi Institute of Business studies-Ruiru campus
- Muranga University college- Muranga
- Machakos University college-machakos
- Maaron Business School- Duoala, Cameroon.
- Ol’lessos Technical training Institute- Lessos
- Nishkam Saint Puran singh Institute-Kericho
- Orbit School of management Studies-Nairobi
- PC Kinyanjui Technical Training Institute-Nairobi
- Rift valley Technical Training Institute-Eldoret
- Rongo University College –Rongo
- School of Finance and Banking –Kigali, Rwanda.
- Sigalagala Technical Training institute-Kakamega
- Rware College of accounts-Nyeri.
For more information visit www.kasneb.or.ke
or contact through: