Formerly known as Kilifi Insitute of Agriculture, the now Pwani University was a constituent of Kenyatta University. Pwani University is now one of the public universities in Kenya following its establishment in 2007. It is situated 60km north of Mombasa in the resort town of Kilifi. Since its establishment, Pwani University has grown and has expanded in terms of the courses it offers and in terms of its involvement and service to the local community. Pwani University is well known for its collaboration with both local and international research institutions. One of the areas it has expanded in is in the School of Agriculture and Environmental Science. The School of Agriculture and Environmental Science offers various courses such as:
Bachelor of Science in:
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Production and Health Management
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture and Enterprise Development
- Bachelor of Science in Horticulture
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Recourse Management
- Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness Management and Trade
Apart from the Bachelor of Science courses, Pwani University offers environmental courses under its School of Agriculture and Environmental Science. These are:
- Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Environmental Planning and Management
- Bachelor of Environmental studies (Community Development)
Individuals who want to pursue courses at the School of Agriculture and Environmental Science should have obtained certain requirements as specified by the university.
- Individuals should have obtained at least a minimum of C+ (plus) in KCSE or an equivalent qualification.
- Depending on the various degrees to be pursued, individuals should have obtained at least C+ in 3 of the following subjects, namely: Agriculture, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Studies, Commerce, Economics, Geography, Home Science and Physics.
- Individuals with A level certificate with at least one principal in Agriculture, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Studies, Commerce, Economics, Geography, Home Science or Physics are welcome to apply.
- Individuals who are holders of a diploma with a minimum of Credit Pass in a related field of study and from a recognized institution are also welcome to apply.
Individuals who want to transfer credit from other institutions will be considered on an individual basis in line with the University regulations.
For more information, individuals can contact:
The Registrar (Academic Affairs) on
Or E-mail: email@example.com