Mount Kenya University prides itself in serving the African community and enabling its social and economic development. One way it does this is by ensuring that its students are well equipped with the necessary knowledge to meet the needs of the society. Each department at Mount Kenya University focuses on creating unlimited opportunities for students. The Department of Dental Sciences is one such department. It focuses on enabling students to become employers and entrepreneurs in fields related to oral health care. The department of Dental Sciences offers courses such as:
Bachelor of Science in Dental Technology (BSDT)
Mount Kenya University offers Bachelor of Science in Dental Technology to individuals who have:
- Attained a KCSE Mean grade of at least C+
- A Diploma in Dental Technology
- Individuals who have 3 years working experience and who have spent at least one year as an intern and registered with a professional body.
The Bachelor of Science in Dental Technology takes place in a period of 5 semesters. The course usually takes place on Friday, Saturday and Sundays. Students are expected to pay a tuition fee of Ksh. 80,000 per semester.
Diploma in Dental Technology (DDT)
Individuals who want to pursue Diploma in Dental Technology should have obtained at least a KCSE mean grade of C (plain) with a C (plain) in Biology/Chemistry and at least a C- (minus) in Mathematics/Physics or Chemistry. The course covers a 9 trimester period. It is a full time course that costs Ksh. 34,000 per trimester.
Diploma in Community Oral Health (DCOH)
Mount Kenya University offers a Diploma course in community oral health under its department of Dental Sciences. Individuals who want to pursue the course should:
- Individuals should have obtained at least a mean grade of C (plain) in KCSE.
- Individuals should also have obtained at least a C (plain) in English/Kiswahili.
- Individuals should have obtained at least a C (plain) in Biology/Chemistry.
- In addition, individuals should have obtained at least a C- (minus) in two of the following: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Home Science and Agriculture.
The course covers 9 trimesters and it is a full time course, each trimester is KSh 34,550.
For more information, individuals can contact:
MAIN CAMPUSP.O.Box 342-01000 Thika, Tel:(+254 20) 2088310, 2338148, 2338146 Cell: +254 720 790 796, 789 126 571 Fax:+254 20 2050315
MOMBASA CAMPUSMombasa Trade Centre, Nkurumah Road, P.O.Box 42702-80100, Mombasa Tel: 020 8002096/7/8 Email: email@example.com
NAIROBI CAMPUS- MKU Towers P.O.Box 13495 - 00100 GPO Nairobi, Tel:+254 20 2528803, 0202667731/2/3/4 Cell: 0722307617, 0729256979, 0734667731 Fax:+254 20 2667596