Kisii University offers various courses under the faculty of Education and Human Resource. The main aim of the various courses offered is to meet the society’s requirement of qualified teachers in secondary schools and in tertiary colleges. The teaching profession in Kenya is vastly disadvantaged as a lot of schools are under stuffed. Teachers are forced to teach subjects they are not well familiar with and they have to deal with a large number of students. The Faculty of Education and Human Resource offers the following courses:
- Bachelor of Education (Arts)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary Option)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Development)
One area where Kisii University puts emphasis on is in the training of Science teachers. This is because the country continuously needs qualified Science teachers to teach students in secondary schools and tertiary colleges. Kisii University offers Bachelor of Education (Science) under the Faculty of Education and Human Resource. Individuals can pursue various options such as: Maths/Physics, Maths/Biology, Maths/Chemistry, Maths/Geography, Biology/Physics, Biology/Chemistry and Physics/Chemistry.
Faculty of Education and Human Resource Admission Criteria
Individuals who want to be admitted for courses under Kisii University Faculty of Education and Human Resources should have obtained certain criteria.
- Individuals who want to undertake the courses should have acquired the minimum entry requirements for universities.
- Individuals should have obtained at least a mean grade of C+ (plus) in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) or an equivalent qualification.
- Individuals should also have obtained at least a grade of C+ (plus) in whatever subject they want to apply to study for.
- Individuals who have obtained A level with two principal passes in relevant subjects are also welcome to apply for the courses.
- Before registering for any course, individuals must ensure that they meet all the departmental requirements as pertaining to that course.
Individuals who qualify for the various courses are expected to cover all the units as assigned by the departments. They are also expected to do continuous assessment tests as well as final examinations.
For more information, individuals can contact:
P.O. Box 408 (40200), Kisii, Kenya.
Information Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty of Education: email@example.com