In recent years, topics involving the environment have been given priority on a worldwide platform and for good reason. Environmental protection is vital if mankind is to not only survive but also to flourish. Technological advancement has unfortunately led to massive environmental pollution. There is a lot to be done to curb harmful practices and the first step is learning all there is to know about the environment. Kenyatta University offers courses in environmental studies under the School of Environmental Studies. These courses include:
- Bachelor of Environmental Studies (Community Development)
- Bachelor of Environmental Studies (Planning and Management)
- Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Environmental Studies (Resource Conservation)
- Bachelor of Science in Community Resource Management
- Bachelor of Science in Fashion Design
- Bachelor of Science (Environmental Education)
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management
Individuals who want to pursue any of the courses offered at Kenyatta University School of Environmental Studies should have obtained certain qualifications.
Admission Requirements (Environmental studies)
- Individuals who want to apply for environmental studies should have met the minimum university entry requirements.
- Individuals should have obtained at least a KCSE mean grade of C+ or an equivalent qualification with at least C+ in English/Mathematics, Geography/History and Government/Religious Education, Agriculture/Home Science/ Computer Studies, Economics or commerce or Biology/Chemistry/Physics.
- Individuals who have obtained a KCSE mean grade of C (plain) and who have a Diploma with at least credit pass are also eligible to undertake the courses.
Individuals who are admitted to the School of Environmental studies are expected to take units from the university common courses as well as various common units as stipulated by the university. Students are also expected to take two units from programmes other than the one they registered for from the School of Environmental studies and Human Sciences. This will be expected in the second year of study. Students in year 3 and year 4 are given the option to specialize within the given programmes.
For more information, individuals can contact:
The Chairman Department of Environmental Sciences Kenyatta University P. O. Box 43844 00100 Nairobi, Kenya Tel: +254208710901 Ext: 57223 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org