Safaricom is the largest telecommunication company in Kenya. The Safaricom mobile network operator was formed in the year 1997 and has grown at faster rate since it was formed. The current chief executive officer (CEO) of Safaricom Company in Kenya is Robert Collymore and is the man who has been behind the success of the Safaricom Company in the telecommunication market. Due to investment in money transfer (m-pesa and m-shwari), Safaricom company has emerged as the most mobile network company that generates billions of money in Kenya.
Safaricom is a company that has enabled people to able to access internet services by using both the computer and mobile phones alongside other services such as communication and sending of short message services (sms). People who access internet services usually subscribe or buy bundles from Safaricom. There are many ways in which a person can purchase bundles using Safaricom line. They include;
- You can buy a scratch card and key in *544# followed by the 16 digits (PIN number) from the scratch card hush and then press the call or Ok button.
- You can purchase it online through the Safaricom website – www.safaricom.co.ke/bundles.
- If you have enough airtime in your phone, you can purchase bundles by dialing *544#. Once you have dialed the number, select “buy internet bundles”. You will now have the option of purchasing bundles with either airtime or m-pesa account.
- Another way is by sending a sms of the price of the bundles to 450.
For those people who want to purchase internet bundles for other peoples, they need to dial *544# followed by the 16 digits from the scratch card * mobile number# then press call button or Ok button.
There are different categories of internet bundles you can purchase from Safaricom Company using their line (Safaricom line). The more bundles you buy the more the validity period. For instance 40 MB will take three months while 25GB will take six months. 40 MB costs Kshs.50, 80 MB (Kshs.100), 200 MB (Kshs.250), 500 MB (Kshs.500), 1.5 GB (Kshs.1000), 3 GB (Kshs.1999), 8 GB (Kshs.3999) and finally 25 GB costs Kshs.11499.
Once you have purchased your internet bundles from Safaricom, you can also check for your balance of bundles remaining. This is done by sending a sms of word ‘balance’ 450 or dialing *450*1#. You can also visit the Safaricom websitewww.safaricom.co.ke/bundles.
There are several advantages of using Safaricom internet. Some of include;
- You will be able to download free Apps, games, music and videos from Safaricom Appstore.
- You can be able to send and receive emails.
- You can search for information in the ‘google’.
- You can connect with friends through Facebook.
The headquarter offices of Safaricom company in Kenya is located in Safaricom House, Waiyaki way in Nairobi city. For more information, you can contact customer care through:
P.O Box 66827-00800, Nairobi, Kenya.
Telephone number: 100 (customer care) or 0722022100
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website address: www.safaricom.co.ke