For you to achieve a lot and to have a direction in life, you need to set goals everyday. You must determine what you need to do in a day. its typical of kenyans to just go about life without first determining what to achieve at the end of it all. there are steps which one can follow to be be in a position to set goals
1. The first step obviously is that you must set some goals. If you don’t have any goals at all, then you have no goals to achieve. Here is the trick, when you set your goals don’t set for yourself some dwarf goals. Make sure that the goals that you set for yourself are big and audacious goals: something that will make you to really stretch.
2. Then you must believe that it is possible to achieve whatever it is that you want. The reality is that there are thousands of testimonials of people all around the world who have achieved the same or similar goals.
3. Next, you have got to surround yourself with people who already have what you want. When you do so, you nourish your belief that what you want is realistically possible. For example, if your goal was to become a millionaire, look for millionaires. Take them out for lunch or dinner and find out from them how they made their first million, the system they used, how long it took and so forth.
4. Make a habit of reviewing those goals every day. I would recommend twice a day. In the morning when you wake up and in the evening before you go to sleep. Take it a notch higher, try to re-write those goals in present tense, as if you have already achieved them and visualize yourself already having accomplished what you want. For instance, if your goal was to earn five hundred thousand Kenya shillings a month, re-write that goal as follows: I am comfortably earning five hundred thousand Kenya shillings every month. I call it, 'speaking into be things that are not' If you can and you should, write the top priority goals on a card that you can carry with you everywhere you go.
5. Use something that Jack Canfield calls the rule of five: Attempt to do at least five things every day that draws you closer to your goals. Increase the number of things that you can do because the more things you attempt to do in pursuit of your goals the higher the chances that some of them will actually work.
6. Become vulnerable to your impulses or if you like intuition. Sometime thoughts will be implanted in your mind that may look a little weird but if you act on them, you will either get closer to your goals or achieve those goals. I have been to places and sometimes while am walking along the street some thought just lands on my mind that prompts me to change the direction and as soon as I did that, I met with people that I didn’t even expect who introduced me to somebody who helped achieve what I wanted.