Strathmore University is a privately chartered university in Kenya. It offers a Bachelor degree in Business information technology under the business programs offered at the school. Under the program students are trained under different specialization departments that include;
- Computer networks
- Database option
- Management of information systems
- Practical foundation in information technology
- Business management
- Languages (French, German, Japanese, Spanish)
- Applicants should have attained a minimum grade of C+ grade or equivalent in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE). The applicant should also have obtained at least a c plain in mathematics and English.
- Individuals who have attained a c plain in KCSE are also eligible in the addition of certain credentials;
Diploma in fields such as accounting, economics, business administration or a related field as long as they acquired a minimum of a credit in the said course.
- Applicants are also eligible to apply if they have professional certificates, like CPA, CPS or ACCA
- Individuals with A level qualification must have 2 principal passes, 1 subsidiary pass, 6 credits that include mathematics and English
- An individual is also required to undertake an entrance examination, which includes a Mathematics exam English exam and oral exam. The tests attract a payment of shs.1500 and are conducted every Tuesday and Thursday at 8.00 am
The duration of the study takes up to 4 years with a year having two semesters, April and August. Enrollment intake for evening classes is in May while for day classes are in July. The degree is has a minimum of 56 units that a student has to complete in the duration of the time there.
Location and contact information
As the fee is subject to change per year it is advisable to enquire from the school the fee structure. The school is situated on Ole Sangale road, off Langata road in Madaraka esatate. You can contact the institution by postal address to Strathmore university Ole sangale road, PO box 59857- 00200 city square Nairobi, Kenya. You can also call at their official phone numbers at Tel+254 (0) 703-034000 or +254 (0) 703-034200. Individuals are also given the option of emailing their enquiries to the official email address at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information visit their website at www.strathmore.edu.