One of the few well recognized universities in Kenya is Nairobi University. Chartered to offer a bachelor degree in veterinary medicine in 2013, the university has a well equipped lab and trained teachers to adequately teach students on medicine and its practices. Students at Nairobi University have the option of choosing their preferred department in medicine. They include;
- Animal production
- Clinical studies
- Public health pharmacology and toxicology
- Vet farm
- Vet anatomy and physiology
- Veterinary pathology, microbiology and parasitology
As many other degree programs, the duration of the course takes 4 years with the student required to complete 56 units. The cost stands at Kshs.22, 700 for regular students and Kshs.75, 000 for privately sponsored students. To qualify for the bachelor degree program, there are certain admission requirements that have to be satisfied by the individual. They include;
- KCSE (Mean C+) and C+ passes in each of the four cluster subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Or any Group III, IV and V; or Advanced Level Certificate: Two principal passes in Mathematics and Physics with subsidiary pass in Chemistry.
- Or an ordinary Diploma from a recognized institution with Credit Passes in the relevant subjects; or
- Higher National Diploma in pharmacy and veterinary medicine from a recognized institution with passes in relevant subjects; or
- Technical/Science Diploma from a recognized institution with Credit Passes in Mathematics and Chemistry from a recognized institution; or degrees in bachelor in science from a recognized institution; or other appropriate technical qualification at degree level.
- Individuals with professional certificates are also eligible for application
Location and contact information
In case of any enquiries visit theiradmission reception offices at the main campus administration block, 1st floor along university way. You can also telephone them at +254-20-318262 ext 28285 or 28213. Fax them at +254-20-245566 or you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. or you can visit them at their Upper kabete campus, on kapenguria road off waiyaki way. The institution can be contacted through their official email address at PO box 29053-00625 Nairobi. They can also be contacted through their phone number at 020-2181370 or fax number 254-02-361007. You can also email them at their official email address at email@example.com