Nairobi Institute of Business Studies(NIBS) is a private training institution in kenya which was established and incorporated under companies Act Cap 486 and registered as a private limited company in March 1999.It is also registered as a post secondary training institution by the Ministry of higher education,Science and Technology under the Education Act Cap 211 of laws of Kenya.Nairobi Institute of Business Studies School of Tourism and Hospitality is committed to develop professional skills and technical competence,produce proficient and versatile professional managers by providing quality management courses.NIBS vision is to be a centre of excellence in quality,relevant and innovative tertiary education provider.
Tourism and travel is one of the fastest and rapid growing industries in the world.Nairobi Institute of Business Studies School of Tourism and Hospitality on realization of the rapid rise in the demand for tourism and travel,provides a programme to meet the needs of those who wish to work for travel shops,tourism information centres,airports,air hosts and hostresses,car hire operators,tour guides,tour directors and other related commercial operators.This programme provides skills that make students executive employees in tourism and travel industry both nationally and internationally.
Courses offered by the Nairobi Institute of Business Studies School of Tourism and Hospitality and their admission criteria
- Certificate in food and beverage sales and service-Apply knowledge and skills to produce different food and beverages products including cocktails to the required catering standards and also how to serve those products in different types of catering set-ups to customer’s satisfaction.Its duration is 1 year per module and candidates should have attained D+ and above.Exams body include KNEC.
- Certificate in catering and accommodation operations
It’s a 1 year course per module and entry requirement is D and above.Exams body is KNEC.
- Diploma in catering and accommodation management
It is 1 year course per module and entry requirement is C-(minus).Undertakes KNEC exams.
- Diploma in food nutrition dietetics
Requires C- and above candidate and its 1 year course per module,exams body KNEC.
- Diploma in tourism ,travel and business studies
Course done within duration of 1 year and 9 months.Entry requirement:D+ and above.Exams body is ICM.
- Diploma in hospitality management
Requires a duration of 2 years and entry requirement is D+ and above.Exams body is ICM.