Kenya has numerous sugar factories distributed in western part of the country as well as the coastal regions where climate is suitable for sugar cane growing. These factories are known for their great impact on Kenya’s economy. They produce sugar as the major product though other cane by-products such as jaggery and molasses also may be produced. Larger companies such as Mumias Sugar Company have involved in electricity production. The following is a list of sugar factories in Kenya together with their contacts.
- Miwani sugar Company Limited, Miwani.
- Muhoroni sugar Company Limited, Muhoroni.
P.O Box 2 Muhoroni.
- West Kenya Sugar Company Limited.
P.O Box 2101 Kakamega.
- South Nyanza (sony) Sugar Company limited.
P.O Box 107. Sare- Awendo Kenya.
- Nzoia Sugar Company Limited.
P.O Box 285 Bungoma Kenya.
- Chemelil sugar Company Limited.
P.O Box 287, Muhoroni Kenya.
- Mumias Sugar Company,
P.O Box 132, Mumias Kenya.
- Kibos sugar & Allied Industries limited, Kibos.
P.O Box 3115 Kisumu, Kenya.
- Busia sugar Company Limited.
P.O Box 265-50409, Nambale Busia Kenya.
- Transmara Sugar Company Limited.
Etago road Kisii.
- Yala white sugar Limited
P.O Box 736 Yala Kenya.
- Butali Sugar company limited.